Consultation Meeting at WHO for Improving Access to Assistive Products and Technology for People wit
10 Aug 2016, Conference Room, WHO- SEARO, MG Road, New Delhi
With the intent to improve access to Assistive Devices and Technology for people in need, Trust Cradle in collaboration with WHO had conducted a global survey from stakeholders- users to their families, care givers, self-help groups, NGOs, experts etc.
On the basis of the needs, WHO had introduced a Priority Assistive Product List (APL) which includes 50 essential assistive products. The consultation meeting was conducted to bring together all stakeholders- users, care givers, service providers, NGOs, experts, academia, manufacturers, support groups, policy makers and agencies of UN on common platform for the benefit of Persons with Disabilities, People with NCDs and Older People.
The meeting contemplated:
Common Platform for Stakeholders:
Each Member State to work as force for improving access to Assistive Technology and Products to everyone everywhere.
- Initiation of National Policy dialogues to develop National Assistive Technology Programme.
- Identification of Best Practices and Process for improving access to Assistive Technology.
- Financing of Production, Procurement and Supply including Health & Welfare Insurance Programme.
- Other matters related to standards of manufacturing, costing, training, and service delivery systems.
- Business Opportunity Under Make India Campaign:
- Explore opportunity to Produce and Supply the Assistive Products.
- Creation of Jobs for production and maintenance of Assistive Products.
Assistive Product Training Package:
- Development of package for improving the capacity of health workforce; which includes service provision such as: assessment, fitting, training, follow- up and repair.
- Advance Training Module for improving skills of health and rehabilitation.
- Explore possibilities for increasing local or regional capacity for specialist training.
- Service Delivery Mode: Derive modality to create network of specialist referral centres connected to primary health care infrastructure.
- Develop model of service delivery system that is best suited for Member States as per their specific needs.
Launch of Awareness Campaign 3E- Equipping, Enabling and Empowering:
- Launch of e- Campaign
- Launching an e- Competition
- Launch an Innovation challenge initiative
- Launch of e- Journal on APL
- Creating a Networking on APL
- Partnering with Technical Institutions
Download PDF (1.5 MB)